💡 My Hack to Staying Productive + The Biggest Stories of the WeekJul 09, 2021
I was recently asked a question about how I organise my day to stay productive and ensure I’m not just doing “busy work”.
I didn’t respond straight away because I was sticking to my hack. I use this hack every single day to keep me focused and get sh!t done. If I didn’t do this every day I don’t think I would achieve anything.
It’s super simple but it takes great discipline and ruthless prioritisation.
All you have to do is focus on your goals each day. Make these goals your single-minded focus. Do everything else after these goals have been achieved.
Try it out and let me know if it helps you increase your productivity.
⚡️ NAOMI SIMSON: "GO LIVE! IS FOR YOU” ⚡️
“It takes guts to start a business, it takes even more courage to tell people the truth about the journey. Fred captures the challenges of entrepreneurship and global aspirations in a frank and transparent way. If you have ever wanted to know what it is like to be an entrepreneur ‘Go Live!’ is for you.”
Naomi Simson, Founder of RedBalloon, Shark Tank Australia shark
📚 Book is out on August 10! Pre-order here.
⚡️ THE BIGGEST STORIES OF THE WEEK ⚡️
- In Entrepreneur.com this week, the biggest story was by Tim Madden who writes about 3 key things leaders need to do to cultivate a high-performing team. In a nutshell, these were:
- 1. Support and train your team: “The more your team understands growth and areas of improvement, the more they can implement training that helps build a business.”
- 2. Hire based on where your company is going: “The goal is growth, and to grow, you'll need to put the systems and team members in place that could foster change at the next levels.”
- 3. Be intentional about leading through consistent growth: If you're going to foster and cultivate a team committed to your company's growth, you must be intentional about your consistent growth.”
- Each of these 3 things are super key to building and scaling a business. They’re a recipe for success!
- Kati Pohjanpalo writes in Bloomberg Wealth that results from two trials in Iceland of reduced work hours showed no loss in productivity and employees felt less stress and an improved work/life balance.
- How did they do it? They worked smarter: shortened meetings or replacing with emails, cut out unnecessary tasks and rearranging shifts.
- Could a 4-day work week be a thing of the future?
- Mike Butcher on TechCrunch writes Single.Earth raised $7.9 million in seed funding to “tokenise nature” by using MERIT tokens to replace carbon credits.
- “It plans to build a ‘digital twin’ of nature that reveals how much any area of ecological significance in the world absorbs CO2 and retains biodiversity.
- “Companies, organisations, and eventually individuals will be able purchase these tokens and own fractional amounts of natural resources, rewarded with carbon and biodiversity offsets.”
⚡️ LEARN MY SYSTEM FOR BUILDING INCREDIBLE BUSINESS IDEAS ⚡️
Check out my online Masterclass to learn how I develop my business ideas in 6 steps.
⚡️ SUBSCRIBE ⚡️
Subscribe to The Weekly for stories and tips to get you inspired for the week ahead.
FOLLOW ME 😎
Join me in The Club of Disruptors: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12205644/
Hit SUBSCRIBE 👇 to receive weekly tips, insights and the hottest business news of the week to get you fired up for your week ahead.