4 Hard Truths You Need To HearOct 11, 2021
- My unusual investment thesis on The Property Couch podcast
- Why the US won’t ban crypto is a big deal
- But first, 4 hard truths you need to hear…
I’m super uncomfortable right now. I’m in New York City, heading up Finder’s US business as interim CEO for the next year.
I’m in the engine room, shoveling coals into the fire, and it’s hot in here 🥵
But I submit to you that this is the zone you should strive for. Because being uncomfortable is where you will grow.
I wrote about this in my new book, #1 Amazon Best Seller “Go Live! 10 Principles to Launch a Global Empire” (you can order a copy here).
It’s in Principle 1: Grow Outside of Your Comfort Zone.
There are 4 hard truths about starting a business and I want to share them with you. I like to remind myself of these 4 truths whenever things get uncomfortable. It reminds me of why I started this journey in the first place.
- Know that small can be beautiful: Start small. There is beauty in its speed and agility that you can leverage.
- Get ready for rejection: We failed 39 times before Finder started. It’s not going to be easy but rejection is a gift, use it to fire you up!
- Ask yourself, what will you sacrifice?: You will need to commit everything you’ve got – and more – to make it work. Think about the 5 types of life capital you will throw into this business: emotional, mental, physical, relationship and financial.
- Refuse to give up: the difference between people who make it and people who don’t is their commitment to never give up!
Check out more details here about my book “Go Live! 10 Principles to Launch a Global Empire” including a free copy of chapter 1!
⚡️ THE PROPERTY COUCH PODCAST ⚡️
Co-host of The Property Couch, Bryce Holdaway, described my rules around money as "radical". But I think they are quite sensible and provide lessons on how to value your worth and to never trade time for money. I’ve been there and in my previous business and swear to never do that again 🙅🏼♂️
In this podcast episode, I share some of my stories and how I approach the world, and how I look at investing.
⚡️ WHY THE US WON’T BAN BITCOIN IS A BIG DEAL ⚡️
Cheyenne Ligon recently reported for Coindesk about a hearing by the House Committee on Financial Services where U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chair Gary Gensler told Congress the SEC has no plans to ban crypto. ✅
It mirrors a recent response by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell who also told the committee that the Fed had no plans to ban crypto. ✅
This is a big deal because it proves there is legitimacy for the US$2.2 TRILLION asset class. It’s not going anywhere and regulators need to figure out a way to create public policy for the industry. Regulation is key to creating a safer and more secure financial system, and it will encourage a wider acceptance of digital currency.
This is a significant step forward.
⚡️ FOLLOW ME ON TIKTOK! ⚡️
I’ve started a TikTok account where I’m sharing some tips and stories to get you fired up! The series with Fonzie Gomez is set to continue in New York City.
Follow me on TikTok for some inspiration and some fun!
⚡️ SUBSCRIBE ⚡️
If you haven’t hit that button, subscribe to The Weekly for stories and tips to get you inspired for the week ahead.
⚡️ DEVELOP YOUR BUSINESS IDEA! ⚡️
Check out my online course “Go Live! With Fred Schebesta: How to Develop Your Business Idea” and I’ll take you through my proven process for launching businesses to success.
FOLLOW ME 😎
Hit SUBSCRIBE 👇 to receive weekly tips, insights and the hottest business news of the week to get you fired up for your week ahead.