There are five simple steps to follow for successful online marketing projects and you probably already follow them all. So why bother reading on? Because there is a simple way to get even more value for money and ensure your web projects always turn out better than expected.
- Write a brief
- Have a budget and timeline
- Content & Images
- Engage a web expert
- Publish with a reputable provider (hosting)
I Already Do That
Often-times even though you follow these steps, you may find yourself dissatisfied with the result or frustrated by the experience of your online projects. WHY? Simple: You need to change the order.
Some FREE advice: Mix it Up
While you may getting more familiar with the processes involved in online publishing, without expert advice there are many potential issues which could still arise, or lost opportunities you don’t exploit, simply because you get your web expert involved too late in the process. Put it this way: Step 4 is way too late.
Here’s your FREEBIE: If you are super-keen to get started or want a basic outline to get your brief on track, then this template will help. (online_marketing_brief.doc 62K)
Getting Value for Money
The sooner you get your web partner involved, the better your chances of meeting and often exceeding, your targets. With their extensive experience, your web partner can often suggest new ideas, alternative solutions or a smarter process, saving you time and money in wasted investment. Listen – you’re paying them anyway, so why not get the best value for your money and maximise your ROI.
The Bottom Line
Engage web expert up front not at step 4 – this will save you time & money!
Like to share your experiences or thoughts just click comment.
You can self-publish directly online by becoming part of our blog – and directly contravene all the above points!! Just make a comment against this article. However we suggest that you do continue to use Freestyle Media to design any standalone websites you may require.
Please contact us for further details.
Backlinks are where it is at when it comes to search engine optimisation. Links pointing back to a website that is linking to you decreases the value of the link to your website.
Ingenious ways of creating backlinks to your website
- Write a genuine testimonial about a web site or it’s products and leave your link in your signature.
- Write an article with links pointing to your site that get’s published over and over.
- Submit to niche online directories
- Create link bait by putting an interesting tool on your web site that people will use such as a mortgage caluculator. People will link to that.
- Write great content that people will link to.
- Add the famous ‘furl’, deliciou.us, etc link on the bottom of your web pages.
- Add your web site to online classified ads such as backpages.com.
- Create a website awards program
Email me if you want some more ideas or if you have some ideas.